“If you have a dream, you can spend a lifetime studying, planning, and getting ready for it. What you should be doing is getting started.” ~ Drew Houston
Who says that you have to wait to New Years to get going on a goal you have? Who says that you should wait until Monday to make a change? If you fail at something half way through the day you don’t need to wait until tomorrow to try and accomplish it again. You can start today. Right now.
It can be incredibly difficult to get started on something new or to get going on a change you want to make in your life. Often times it is because we are afraid of failing. Failing just gives us a chance to try it again, make something better, or do something in a different way. Failing really isn’t failing…it’s learning.
Life is too short and too precious to sit and wait for tomorrow to change ourselves, try something new, or do what you want. Get started today. Right now. Today is the best opportunity we have to get started on that new work out plan, new diet, new job application, to make amends with an old friend, revive an old hobby or begin a new one. Create your goal and go for it.
Surprise yourself, and do things you never thought were possible
6 tips for getting started
- Create a goal for something that is really important to you. –> pick something you really want to accomplish!
- Make a plan, create steps –> Don’t go in blind, do some research, choose the best way for you to accomplish YOUR goal
- Keep it simple–> Don’t focus on too many things you want at one time. Make it easy on yourself. Choose a way you want to try to accomplish your goal. If it doesn’t work re-evaluate and try it again. The goal doesn’t have to be massive, and it shouldn’t be unattainable.
- Get motivated–> When you create your goal think of the reason why you want to get started, and never forget those reasons
- Use your resources–> Get help, motivation, and encouragement from the people surrounding you. Don’t be afraid to ask your family and friends to root for you, give you tips, or help you. They want you to succeed in making a positive change in your life!
- Deep Breath, and go for it
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.” ~ W.M. Lewis
There is no better time then right now!
It’s time to Get Started!